On May 12, 2008 in the small town of Postville, Iowa, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement conducted the single largest raid of a workplace to date at Agriprogessors Inc. kosher slaughterhouse and meat packing plant. “Home Country” is a documentary created by One & Only Productions that tells stories of people affected by the raid as well as how the town ahs come together to overcome adversity. “Home Country” will premiere on April 10, 2014 in Neumann Auditorium in Waverly, Iowa.
April 6, 2014 10:42 pm·
Author: Danny Housholder Wartburg College Class of 2014
MEET THE TEAM
- Men and women place second at Wartburg Indoor Select Meet
- Love Your Melon sets new 600 hat goal
- Bockenstedt to leave Wartburg
- National average of students studying abroad increases
- Vagina monologues: a story about women
- Meet the Candidates of 2016
- Iran nuclear deal hits home
- Wartburg prepared for mumps outbreak
- Watching the Zika virus abroad
- Are e-cigarettes allowed on campus?
One & Only Productions is creating a documentary on the aftermath of the Postville raids, focusing on the children that were left behind to care for their siblings when their parents were deported. The raids have shaped the town into what it is today. We want to shed light on the large impact the raids had on the Postville community and what we can learn as a country from the treatment of the individuals involved. We plan to bring important social issues to light in our documentary, and we believe this topic will be meaningful, eye-opening and important to people far outside of the Postville world.
KnightLife February 7, 2016