On May 12, 2008 in the small town of Postville, Iowa, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement conducted the single largest raid of a workplace to date at Agriprogessors Inc. kosher slaughterhouse and meat packing plant. “Home Country” is a documentary created by One & Only Productions that tells stories of people affected by the raid as well as how the town ahs come together to overcome adversity. “Home Country” will premiere on April 10, 2014 in Neumann Auditorium in Waverly, Iowa.
April 6, 2014 10:42 pm·
Author: Danny Housholder Wartburg College Class of 2014
MEET THE TEAM
- Softball splits again in second Sunshine State doubleheader
- Offense ignites another Wartburg baseball win
- Wartburg shut out in first ever lacrosse game
- Inaugural lacrosse team begins play
- Softball splits first games in Florida
- Wartburg baseball knocks off top 10 opponent
- Mumford & Sons announces Waverly stopover
- Knights stumble against Spartans, end season in IIAC tournament finale
- Wartburg women win 13th IIAC indoor championship
- Wartburg, Central tie for IIAC men’s track title
One & Only Productions is creating a documentary on the aftermath of the Postville raids, focusing on the children that were left behind to care for their siblings when their parents were deported. The raids have shaped the town into what it is today. We want to shed light on the large impact the raids had on the Postville community and what we can learn as a country from the treatment of the individuals involved. We plan to bring important social issues to light in our documentary, and we believe this topic will be meaningful, eye-opening and important to people far outside of the Postville world.
Men's Basketball Sports March 1, 2015