On May 12, 2008 in the small town of Postville, Iowa, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement conducted the single largest raid of a workplace to date at Agriprogessors Inc. kosher slaughterhouse and meat packing plant. “Home Country” is a documentary created by One & Only Productions that tells stories of people affected by the raid as well as how the town ahs come together to overcome adversity. “Home Country” will premiere on April 10, 2014 in Neumann Auditorium in Waverly, Iowa.
April 6, 2014 10:42 pm·
Author: Danny Housholder Wartburg College Class of 2014
MEET THE TEAM
- Vogel Library Has Big Shoes to Fill
- Wartburg gets new tortoises
- Downtown Waverly Construction
- Waverly Book Club Meets at Unusual Place
- The Immeasurable Impact of Monica Severson
- College hires new cross country coach
- Students use music to help others
- Women take on tough sport
- New course teaches mindfulness
- Students study in Costa Rica for May Term
One & Only Productions is creating a documentary on the aftermath of the Postville raids, focusing on the children that were left behind to care for their siblings when their parents were deported. The raids have shaped the town into what it is today. We want to shed light on the large impact the raids had on the Postville community and what we can learn as a country from the treatment of the individuals involved. We plan to bring important social issues to light in our documentary, and we believe this topic will be meaningful, eye-opening and important to people far outside of the Postville world.